How To Vent A Bathroom Fan
When you urgently need to go to the comfort room but somebody’s inside. Then the moment you go inside, the nasty smell welcomes you. Gross much? In this article, we will teach you how to vent a bathroom fan!
Easy Steps In Venting The Bathroom Fan
In this procedure of how to vent a bathroom fan, you will need the following:
For the tools:
- 4 ¼ -inch hole saw
- Caulk gun
- Foil duct tape
- Stainless steel screws
- Fiberglass insulation
- Hammer the nail from your house wall through the attic.
- Using the hole saw, make a hole from the outside for the wall cap.
- Gently squeeze the caulk gun behind the surrounding of the wall cap to secure the gaps.
- Put in the wall cap and connector duct.
- Fasten the cap by using the stainless-steel screws.
- See the excess caulk? Wipe it all away.
- Using the foil duct tape, close the holes in the fan housing in the attic.
- Attach the duct to the connector of the wall cap by using foil duct tape.
- Secure the duct with the use of tape.
- On the side of your exhaust fan, screw in the elbow to the outlet port.
- To make sure that your fan housing will perfectly fit, stuff all sides with fiberglass insulation.
See, it is not that hard. All you need to do is follow the procedure accurately to avoid damage to your property. Make sure that no holes or gaps are present in the duct and side of the fan housing for proper ventilation.
Danger Of Having No Vents In The Bathroom
Now that you know how to vent a bathroom fan, let's talk about the dangers of not having vents in the bathroom.
First is moisture damage. Every time we take a bath, our body releases its heat, that's why the mirrors in the bathroom become foggy. This moisture stays in the walls, and molds build-up follows. Not just that, looking around your bath, you'll notice the paint coming off slowly.
Also, the structure inside will deteriorate like woods while irons become rusted. This situation will invite pests and rodents in your bathroom. That is why you need to have this.
Ventilation plays a significant role both in our health and household. Some people do not take their bathroom's ventilation seriously. But little do they know that it can cause them huge trouble. But good for you, you have decided to take a step forward to put proper ventilation to your bathroom.
Now that you know how to vent a bathroom fan, you can be sure that you will not be facing issues with molds, pests, rodents, and rotting in your bathroom! You can enjoy singing in the shower without worrying about these issues again.