How To Reset Ceiling Fan Remote
The modern ceiling fan comes with remote controls making them more convenient to use. However, these electronic pieces of equipment are not perfect, and you will eventually encounter issues. We sometimes get an issue even with just the basic functionality of turning the fan on and off. In case the remote is experiencing technical problems, the best thing to do is to reset it. Let us help on you how to reset the ceiling fan remote so you will what to do.
Ceiling Fan Remote Troubleshooting
Battery replacement is usually the most common fix for a nonworking remote control. But if the battery power is ok, and still the remote is not working, most likely the remote control and frequency setting is not sync. Therefore, you need to change the fan's frequency setting, reset the remote control, and pair it to your fan to make it work again.
Updating The Frequency Setting
Steps in Resetting Frequency Setting:
- Turn your fan off and unplug the power supply. Do this to avoid the risk of getting grounded.
- Get a ladder and reach for your fan. Get your screwdriver and remove the fan's canopy screws. Then remove the receiver. Careful not to lose the screws.
- Make sure to handle the receiver with care.
- Search for the dip switch settings found on the receiver, and put a new combination. Utilize the buttons and slide it up or down to make a different combination and remember it.
- After setting the unique combination, put the receiver back on the fan and screw the canopy back securely.
- Get the fan's remote control and get the battery. Inside the remote, you will find the dip switch for the remote where you need to input the exact same combination you set on the receiver.
- Put the battery cover back and plug it into a power supply.
- After changing the fan's frequency settings, your remote should be working again.
Resetting The Remote
How to reset a ceiling fan remote is very easy and will take less than one minute to do. Hunter fan remote resetting steps are as follows:
- With the use of the remote control, turn the fan off
- Turn it back on after 30 seconds.
- Once the fan is on, hold down the off button in the remote for another 10 seconds.
Pairing The Remote Control With Your Fan
Here are the steps in pairing your fan and remote control.
- Unplug the fan from the power supply. Turn it back on only after two minutes.
- Within the two minutes, hold the light and fan button of the remote at the same time.
- You'll know that you are doing the steps correctly, as you will see flashing lights, and your fan will begin to turn slowly.
Learning how to reset a ceiling fan remote is easy and simple. Master those basic troubleshooting steps, so you'll know what to do next time you get the same problem with your remote.