How To Replace Pull Chain On Ceiling Fan
If you don’t have a chandelier at home, ceiling fans are to the rescue. With their overhead wind blow and 360-degree moving blades, your room will be cooler than ever. They don’t just give you a color feeling but adds beauty to your house’s interior design. But what if you pull the chair and nothing happens?
In this article, we will teach you how to replace pull chain on ceiling fan!
Replacing Pull Chain
There are few steps to follow if you want to know how to replace pull chain on ceiling fan. But before you proceed, make sure you are willing and you have the patience to do this. Mastering this technique will help you save money. And in case this happens again, you don’t need to call someone to help you.
Below you’ll see the materials that you need in fixing the pull chain. Also, the common issues that you may be facing with them and the solution.
Materials And Tools Needed
The first thing that you should do if you want to know how to replace pull chain on ceiling fan is the preparation of materials and tools needed. This is what will make your attempt successful, so ready the following:
- Wire cutter
- Circuit tester
- Wire nuts
- Electrical tape
- Spare pull chain
- Long-nosed pliers
Short Pull Chain
How to replace pull chain on ceiling fan if it is too short? In this case, you don’t need a replacement but rather an extension. See that silver ending of your ceiling fan? Attach the extension to it. But before you do that, make sure to turn off the circuit breaker. If you are done, attach the extension by snapping the connector. This way, the pull chain is longer and won’t fall after pulling it.
Pull Chain Is Stocked Inside
How to replace pull chain on ceiling fan if it is not visible or stocked inside? Again, turn off the circuit breaker. Then using your finger, turn the metal collar that holds the pull chain in counterclockwise position. Then pull out the chain. Next, string the metal collar to the chain pull and secure it back.
Pull Chain Came Off
How to replace pull chain on ceiling fan if it came off? Follow these procedures below to help you replace it:
- Turn off the circuit breaker
- Turn the metal collar with your finger
- Unscrew the base of the ceiling fan
- Gently pull off the removable section
- Gently bring out the pull chain switch of your fan
- With your wire cutter, cut the (2) wires connected to the old switch of your pull chain
- Remember, do not cut it till the end, leave at least (2) inches for the reattachment
- Attach the new pull chain switch for your fan and secure the exposed wires with wire nuts then cover it with electrical tape.
- Put it inside the housing and thread the pull chain in the hole of the metal collar.
- Screw the removable base back as well as the metal collar.
- Turn on the switch breaker and test if it works.
It’s frustrating when your ceiling fan doesn’t work when you pull the chain. But sometimes, the problem is not the motor but the chain itself. You don’t need to buy a new ceiling fan for your room.
All you need to do is follow the tips that we have given you about how to replace pull chain on ceiling fan. With these simple steps, you can save money and additional knowledge in repairing appliances at home!