How To Remove Fan Clutch: Plus Other Things You Need To Know
Are worried about how noisy your car’s fan was when you were driving and how hot your engine got at the end of the day? Your car might be experiencing the symptoms of having a bad working fan clutch! As someone who has no background knowledge on how to give it a good repair, pay attention to the following details of this article on how to remove fan clutch without dropping bucks to a repair shop.
What Does A Fan Clutch Do?
Before we dive into the process of how to remove fan clutch, take a sip of the following information about how is a fan clutch essential to your car.
- It helps reduce overheating and overcooling. In simple terms, this type of fan helps regulate the temperature of your car’s engine.
- This is one of the most essential car parts every car owner should be having.
How To Tell If You Fan Clutch Needs A Helping Hand
If you wish for the stars to give you a sign to replace your fan clutch, then you will stumble upon a few of the signs that you need down below. Make sure to have a keen eye for every detail written in each point.
- Annoying loud noise – this happens when something gets in the way of your fan and will cause it to get stuck. It will forcefully work itself in full blast, causing it to produce loud noises when your engine is running.
- Overheating issue – one of the main functions of a fan clutch is to help regulate the car's temperature – especially an increased temperature. So, if your fan clutch is damaged, you can expect an unreasonable increase in heat in your vehicle. If this issue is left neglected, you will have to deal more with serious car problems.
- A decrease in performance – even though a fan clutch is just a part of the whole, it will affect your car's entire performance once it becomes damaged. Your vehicle’s engine will be the first target of this problem, so you can expect acceleration and power issues.
Turn your attention to the next part to know more about how to remove fan clutch in the comfort of your garage.
Ways To Remove Fan Clutch
Here are simple steps on how to remove fan clutch:
- The most essential tool in this process is a strap wrench so make sure to prepare one.
- Take off the bolt of the fan clutch by placing the strap wrench on the pulley of the water pump while it continues to rotate.
- The next step would be to slowly detach the nut found in front of the pump through the process of counterclockwise rotation.
- Take off all the bolts on top of the fan.
- To remove the clutch, carefully slide it and lift it so that it would then be easier to remove from your car’s engine.
See? The process of how to remove fan clutch is simple and easy to follow for beginners like you. Once you are done with your little repair session, you can now enjoy the full blast of your car again.