How To Clean A Fan Without Opening It
Fans collect dirt and dust once in a while, and it can be a hassle to disassemble and clean it. And instead of inhaling all that dust while the wind blows, we'll find a quick and easy way to clean it. We'll teach you how to clean a fan without opening it.
How To Clean A Desk Fan
There are ways to clean a fan without taking it apart. We don't always have the tools or the time to clean a fan, so here are some tips to make cleaning a fan a little easy.
Four tips on how to clean a fan without opening it:
Tip 1: Use a blower to clean your fan.
- Step 1 - Take your fan to an open space so that dust doesn't get all over the place.
- Step 2 - Aim the blower at parts that need cleaning the most.
- Step 3 - If you need to store the fan after cleaning, wrap it in an industrial-grade plastic bag, or put it back in its original box.
Tip 2: Use salt to clean your fan's blades.
- Step 1 - Lay a big sheet of paper on the floor.
Step 2 - Put your fan on the paper, facing up.
Step 3 - Drizzle some salt through your fan's grill and allow it to spill through the paper.
Tip 3: Use a vacuum to clean your fan's grill.
- Step 1 - Take your fan to an open space, so dust doesn't get on your furniture.
- Step 2 - Aim the vacuum's nozzle on the dusty grill.
- Step 3 - If you want a thorough job of cleaning the grill, it's best to unclip it.
Tip 4: Use an air compressor to clean your fan.
- Step 1 - Bring your fan to an open space.
- Step 2 - Aim the compressor on your fan.
This method is best for fans that are more challenging to disassemble.
Note: When cleaning your fans, always make sure you disconnect it from its power source.
Things You Can Do With Your Fan
Now that you know how to clean a fan without opening it, let's find out the best ways to use our fans for cooling.
- Position your fan towards an open door and set up another one to face inside, so you bring in cool air.
- Switch your ceiling's fan direction so that it pushes cold air down.
- If you have tall windows, position your fan high to push all the hot air out.
- You can use ice to blow cool air. Position your fan low on the floor and place a pack or bucket of ice in front of the fan to blow you cool air. This may be a little messy, but it will work well for those warm summer days.
We can't help finding easy ways to clean our fans, especially when disassembling them is too challenging. Now that you know how to clean a fan without opening it, you're ready to use your dust-free fans the best way.